Relocation: Sometimes, an individual has little choice but to sell his house, because he has been relocated, by his, or a family member’s work, or some aspect of his personal situation. If this is the case, it is important, to thoroughly determine and discuss, the timetable involved, etc.
2. Earnings: There might situations, where there has been a substantial or significant change, in the homeowners earnings and/ or earnings potential. Sometimes, in a two – income household, there has been either a divorce, illness or death, etc, of one of the earners, thus making continuing to make the payments, needed to maintain this house, become far too challenging, and/ or stressful.This is another reason, homeowners should thoroughly interview potential agents, and why a good agent, always has a thorough discovery – type, discussion, with a new client!
3. Addresses; aspirations: Perhaps the present house was originally purchased as a starter home, or conditions changed, financially, for the better, and the homeowner, decides and determines, he deserves an upgrade! The desire in that case may be to simply swap addresses, upward, and he is following his hopes and aspirations.
4. Settling; setting: Sometimes, the present house conjures up some bad personal memories, and so the owner, wants to, or feels, he needs to, change his setting. In that instance, he may merely be settling for less than others, because of the emotional components/ aspects!
5. Occupational; options; opportunities: Has the individual changes occupations, and is he now seeking a home, with different options, etc? Maybe he now needs a home/ office, or does not need one anymore? Perhaps, he has discovered he no longer enjoys the particular location, or some other factor, an other opportunities, have come available. This may mean adjusting one’s listing price, to expedite the sales process, etc.
6. Needs: Are present needs the same as they were? Have there been additional family members added (children, parents, etc), or subtracted? One may require a larger house, or feel he doesn’t need, as large a home, as he presently occupies.
7. Savings: Some homeowners are selling because they either need, or desire, financial savings!